Monday, February 26, 2007

Premonitions

I've been having alot of vivid dreams lately. They're so vivid that I wake up with messages in my head that stay for days.

One night, I gave birth to a baby girl but didn't want it, because my friends kept inviting me out to smoke a joint or drink a beer and I couldn't. I woke up with intense relief when I realized it wasn't reality.

and

Her name was Eve. That name has never even entered my mind before, but I kept thinking, what a nice name. Where did that come from?

and

Last night I dreamed I composed a poem than began with:

Moving east
Is like teaching a crippled old man
to be sane again

The brain's such a weird thing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Quitmoanez said...

I love messages that stay in the head for days.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Ah yes, the baby dreams! Strangely enough, I've been having my share of those as well.

I had one dream where I had a baby boy who loved being in the water and I was going from public pools to fooftop pools...Strange things dreams...

And Carlos, what's this you're saying about love messages?

8:08 PM  
Blogger Quitmoanez said...

Dreams are the best thing going if you ask me.

:)

5:55 AM  
Blogger midnoon said...

That poem is a haiku, if you didn't notice. A pretty good one too.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home