Monday, June 30, 2008

Baby Doll

Shivering on East Sherbrooke street
hands lost in mittens
and kisses with kittens

Slippery southern St Laurent avenue
feet slide on sidewalks
I perfect my streetalk

Dreamy western backpack
the problem is that
i dont want to be
in some waterlogged straightjack

You jerk motherlover
now whats left to discover

your love patents covers
you watch over others

your lust is sprinkled on
death
your past
is covered up in the wall your
skin is promised to my own you
cant promise me a damn thing you're
not really here are you?

i can read the dust on my shoes
and its been two hundred and fifty thousand kilometres
or so
that I have walked

and of this great distance
there have been at least one hundred and fifteen people
that I have jerked my shoulder away from

All because
I know they would have tried
to take this away from me

Whats it gonna do to you
sweet baby child
to see exactly what this is worth
and then to see
that it is nothing

what will it do to your mind
sweet baby doll
to understand exactly what this is
and then to understand that it is nothing

What's that going to do to you?

6 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

written a while ago

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking of things written a while ago, i put another comment a while ago in your post about dishes and answering machines. you might enjoy it if you haven't seen it...

our campground project will be on the treeline off the second trailhead. look for the patio lanterns...

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, that sounds great! I will definitely keep my eye out for that one. It'll be a nice sanctuary amid the craziness.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Lorne Roberts said...

wow. golly.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah it chills you to the bone doesn't it. everyone's fear really.

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nobody wants to be in a waterlogged straightjack thats for sure. and if they do theyre masochistic. and i would still jerk my shoulder away from anyone who tries to take this away from me, i swear.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home